Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shakespeare Video--Multimedia Assignment

Because of privacy issues, I did not embed my Shakespeare video on my blog (not that I wanted my own acting on here anyway) but I did want to talk about the things I did to make my video. The whole process was rather difficult--meaning I was just about on a first name basis with computer tech people in the lab I was working in, but here are some things I learned how to do.
Once I got everything working and figured out how to import video and music (half the battle) I pieced together my own videos with transitions of varying types and lengths, adjusted sound because the quality wasn't great, added slow motion affects at one point for the dramatic throwing of a bottle, added music and adjusted when it faded in and out, and added text at key points in the movie that help the class know were you are in the play. 
Uploading the video to YouTube (also set on private) was another challenge in and of itself. When I first stated uploading it, the time guesstimater told me that it would take 566 minutes to complete. Aghast and even a little claustrophobic, I typed and clicked furiously to find another way. Though they say that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing and expecting different results, that's exactly what happened. I was both relieved that it worked and worried about my sanity (or the sanity of who said that quote to begin with, really).
Though I may have embarrassed myself in the learning process (who knew that the power button for a Mac was on the back bottom left corner of the monitor?) it will be completely worth it when my class sees the video and experiences a high level of engaged learning, not to mention a profound blending of technology and art worthy of any prestigious award.  

No comments:

Post a Comment