Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Proposal for my Final Project

With the first mention of WebQuests in class, I was intrigued. I snooped around online a little to see what I could find out, which proved to be rather difficult since I had no idea what I was looking for. On WebQuest.org I found some information about them, and then a search engine to view them. I opened up the search boxes to see what these said WebQuests looked like. I typed in vague topics like English and writing. The blinking cursor mimicked my confused blinking. Nothing came up with those words. In a desperate attempt, my hesitant and trembling fingers typed in 'math' but still . . . nothing. In frustration, I sighed and placed my hands heavily on the keyboard. In doing so, I accidentally searched for 'ew' and a few WebQuests actually came up. Go figure. Despite these beginning issues, it looks like a really cool piece of technology to learn, especially dealing with collaborative writing or learning historical contexts of books, etc.     

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, webquests would be fine for a final project. What in particular are you struggling to find, and can I help? Is it examples of webquests or how to actually create one?

    Here's a great page of Language Arts high school webquests you can peruse:

    http://questgarden.com/search/webquest_results.php?curr=curreng&grade=grade912&Submit=Search

    ReplyDelete